Sunday, November 11, 2012

Best Part o' My Day

November 9, 2012

Today I joined the ranks of Abraham Lincoln, Mark Twain, Oscar Wilde, Francis Ford Coppola, Mick Fleetwood, Tom Petty and Burt Reynolds... just to name a few. I'm not proud of it, but because my long awaited income tax return has still not come in from Australia I am officially bankrupt. In fact, I didn't even have enough coinage to do a load of laundry so I'm writing this with no underwear on. In the 29 and a half years I've been alive this was my second call home for money. The first time I called my Dad from Thailand. I could make $100 last two weeks easily there.  Today I called my Aunt La and she thought I was crazy asking for such a small amount. The best part of my day was simply talking to her and feeling such a gratefulness to have a family that accepts the way I live my life. I know they don't always fully understand, but their love is unconditional and that's something that blows my mind. I hope they feel that same echelon of love from me as well.

When I went to withdraw the money out from the bank there was $300 in my account.
Thank you Aunt La. I'll be home soon.


next day >

No comments:

Post a Comment