Sunday, November 4, 2012

Best Part o' My Day

November 4, 2012

Today was a hangover day. In fact I didn't even go outside, which I hate to admit, but it's been years since I've stayed indoors for a full day. It didn't get me down. The weather was dreary. The kitchen window was open and the fresh air was flowing in, adding to the delightful smell of maple bacon cookin' on the skillet. Candy made an epic breakfast for sure, but the best part o' my day was what I was doing as I ate that breakfast. I researched a man who has inspired me for years, Hunter S. Thompson. I wanted to know who inspired him. This search lead me to F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ernest Hemingway. Who inspired them? I dug deeper and came up with Oscar Wilde. At this point I was still familiar with all these names and it pushed me to read on and follow the trail of "inspirado." This lead me to the writer, Walter Pater and then onto John Ruskin, a traveling English Art critic. By the time I stopped for a break it was late in the afternoon and I had gone all the way back to the 1700's, learning about a dude named Samuel Rogers. Yes yes, today was a well read day. Tomorrow I begin work on the flux capacitor.

Update:

Y'know what... not long after I wrote all that I got an incredibly strong urge to go for a walk with Candy's dog Leroy. Perhaps it was because Leroy had an incredibly strong urge to piss and I'm very in tune with canines. So out we went, on a nice brisk walk around Decarie Boulevard. It was -3 degrees C. I was in shorts with long-johns on underneath. We ran and pissed and walked and pissed some more. That, my friends, was the best part of my day. Bonne Nuit.

next day >

No comments:

Post a Comment