Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Best Part o' My Day

November 25, 2012

I went back to Big R's house in Byron today and took his dog Bronx out for a long walk at Boler Mountain. Once again, I was back on my little tour of childhood memories. What made it even better was that there was a fresh blanket of snow covering the hills. Bronx and I walked through the woods and then made our way all the way up to the new expansion hill, formerly known as Hill 2000. Back in the day, before it was ever open for public skiing, my friends and I would climb to the top and indulge in our first taste of alcohol.  I stood up there for quite a while, surveying the land and remembering how free I used to feel up there as a kid. Now I'm almost 30 years old and I'm still chasing that feeling and finding myself at new heights that I could only imagine back then. This moment today just might be the best part o' my Month.

next day >

No comments:

Post a Comment